有时被称为赡养费或配偶抚养费, spousal maintenance is a form of financial support paid by one spouse to another to help them sustain themselves. 可以在工作期间或之后支付 离婚.
In making an order for spousal maintenance, the court must determine:
Whether you are the spouse seeking or paying alimony, you deserve to work with an attorney who truly cares about protecting your rights and ensuring a positive outcome in your case. 在爱德华兹空军基地 & 彼得森| PLC, our Mesa spousal maintenance lawyers have the experience you are seeking. We are determined to help you pursue the support you need or to avoid overpaying in spousal support.
Determining eligibility requires a finding that one spouse has financial need AND that the other spouse is capable of paying.
Common reasons the court may award spousal maintenance include:
- One spouse does not have the assets or resources to be self-sufficient
- One spouse is unable to obtain adequate employment to provide for their reasonable needs
在其自给自足的决心, 法官回顾了上诉人的经历, 技术水平, 甚至是劳动力市场. If the marriage was long-lasting and one spouse fulfilled the role of homemaker throughout, the judge may order that the petitioner’s age and lack of professional experience warrant an order of spousal maintenance. A similar decision may occur when the couple has young children or a child with a disability, which often makes obtaining adequate full-time employment difficult.
If the court determines there is a need for spousal maintenance, it considers a variety of factors in arriving at a support amount and duration for the maintenance.
- The standard of living that the couple enjoyed during their marriage
- Each party’s employment history and marketable skills
Courts compare both spouses’ resources and earning capacity and determine the paying spouse’s ability to financially support both parties. The court also looks at ways the spouse seeking maintenance contributed to the earning capacity, 教育, 以及配偶的工作机会. In Arizona, the final decision on spousal support rests with the judge.
- 临时支持 is provided before the 离婚 is finalized and is intended to help cover the needs of one spouse during the pendency of the 离婚 case.
- 康复支持 typically lasts for a fixed period determined by either the court or via an agreement between spouses. There are two common reasons for rehabilitative support: To assist the spouse receiving support as he or she works toward attaining self-sufficiency, or to allow the custodial parent of young children to remain home with the child(ren) until the youngest child begins school.
- 报销的支持 reimburses one spouse for expenses he or she paid in support of the other. One of the more common reasons for reimbursement support is when one spouse worked to help put the other through college and build a career. 报销的支持 may be paid over time or in one lump sum.
- 永久的支持 lasts until the death of either the payor or the payee; it may also end if the payee remarries (but not always). The payee may also request the payor carry a life insurance policy naming the payee as beneficiary. Either party may petition the court for an adjustment in the support amount unless the parties agree that it will not be modified.
叫爱德华 & 彼得森| PLC
If you are considering 离婚 or need to include or respond to a petition for alimony, 乐虎游戏| PLC在此提供帮助. We take the time to understand your financial needs, resources, and assets. 最重要的是, our Mesa spousal maintenance attorneys are deeply familiar with the state laws that govern alimony awards.
To discuss your situation with our firm, please call us at (480) 418-5656.
Brian was amazing throughout the entire legal process! I had several lawyers working on my case, but Brian was the only one ...——凯文C.
I came in for a consultation to file paperwork on my own and they went over the paperwork page by page with me and answered ...——雪莉·W.
This organization was very professional and helpful during a trying time. 我会把他们推荐给任何需要一个伟大的 ...——保罗·F.